Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My New Friend

I had a very nice thing happen today as I was shopping at Trader Joe's. I was visiting with the lady in the demo station. I had noticed and admired a purple butterfly wall hang behind her. I continued shopping from thence.

As I came back and asked her where I might find a certain product, she handed me the butterfly and told me to take it. I hesitated but she assured me. I wasn't sure if it was hers to give away. But I agreed to receive it with much gratitude.

As I went through the checkout, I explained to the cashier. He too agreed to let me have it.

So now it hangs on my patio wall. I made a Photoshop rendering of it with a fancy backdrop.

Periwinkle Butterfly

I have since remembered admiring a similar butterfly I saw at Walgreen's but passed it up because I didn't have the funds for it at the time. I came back to look for it, but never saw it again. I had lamented not getting it. But today was very redeeming for me as I acquired this one and it means so much more to me. Welcome home, Butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment